Saturday, April 25, 2015

Can You See Him?

James 2:18-20
But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

I found this poem online a while back and liked it a lot. I'm not sure who wrote it, it didn't say, but it had a good message. It's so very good to share the Gospel with others, that is what God intended for us to do, but we should also SHOW the Gospel to others. What good is it to tell others that we as Christians are all about love and evangelism and charity and kindness if we don't show those things through our actions? And what about little ones, the younger generation? Do they have a good Christian example in you? After all, it takes a village to raise a child and it isn't exactly raising an upstanding citizen that's the primary goal, it's about raising God fearing adults; it's about raising disciples. People may be able to hear your faith loud and clear, but can they see it? Don't act with the intention of others only seeing you, act with the intention that through you, others may see Him.

I'd rather see a sermon
than hear one any day;
I'd rather one should walk with me
than merely tell the way.

The eye's a better pupil
and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing,
but example's always clear;

And the best of all preachers
are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action
is what everybody needs.

I soon can learn to do it
if you'll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action,
but your tongue too fast may run.

And the lecture you deliver
may be very wise and true,
But I'd rather get my lessons
by observing what you do;

For I might misunderstand you
and the high advice you give,
But there's no misunderstanding
how you act and how you live.

https://sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/935738_10151589104303903_726723517_n.jpg
Photo: Pinterest

Matthew 5:14-16
"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
    


No comments:

Post a Comment